College students are usually overwhelmed with essay writing assignments. They need to write essays every now and then.
Are you a student?
Have you got a persuasive essay writing assignment?
Are you struggling to find a good persuasive essay topic?
Hold on. We are here to help!
We have done all the hard work and organized a list of persuasive essay topics into different categories to help you get started.
Along with topics, we also have some essay writing tips to make the essay perfect!
What is a Persuasive Essay?
In order to choose a perfect persuasive essay topic, you should know what exactly a persuasive essay is.
A persuasive essay is a type of academic writing in which a writer tries to convince the reader to agree with his point of view. It is very much similar to a persuasive speech.
The essay revolves around the argument and focuses on convincing the reader with the writer's point of view.
In a persuasive essay, a reader states his point and then presents facts and logic to support his argument. The point should be valid and logical. It shouldn't be an assumption or just the reader's personal point of view.
Persuasive Essay Topics
You could write an essay on any topic under the sun, but certain topics are easy to write a strong persuasive essay or argumentative essay. Hence, while choosing a topic follow the above-given tips and then select the most suitable topic from our given list of good persuasive speech topics.
Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
- Tax payment is important for the economic growth of a country
- Harry Potter books are way more popular than they deserve to be
- Reward kids with money when they get good grades
- Summer holidays are the best time for a family holiday
- Childers should have a right to take part in elections
- Artificial intelligence is taking over the world
- Education should be free for everyone
- How to reduce cheating in school
- Minimum voting age should be lowered
- Hunting wild animals is immoral
Good Persuasive Essay Topics
- The importance of having proper music education to become a singer
- Beauty goods should not be tested on animals
- Schools should reduce the amount of homework they assign to students
- Computer science is becoming one of the most valuable academic disciplines nowadays
- Home-cooked food is way better than the restaurant fast food
- The ways to handle bullying in school
- Free WIFI should be available at every public place
- Families should spend more time together
- The best TV serial ever
- Is it a good idea to judge a student's intelligence on the basis of his grades?
Best Persuasive Essay Topics
- People should not eat animal
- IoT (Internet of Things) is taking over the world
- Smart is the new intelligent
- Higher education is required to have a stable life
- Internet access should be free for everyone
- Healthy eating is a secret of a healthy life
- Usage of cell phones while driving should be banned
- Just because you know someone, it doesn't mean they owe you any discount
- Teachers should pass a basic training test every year to update their certification
- Money can't buy you happiness or love
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- Social media: pros and cons
- Kids should not be allowed to keep exotic animals as a pets
- The importance of physical education in schools
- School uniforms are a limitation of freedom
- Early to bed and early to rise is a secret of a child's health
- United States: the best country for higher education
- The government should limit internet usage
- Sports period should be mandatory in school
- Argumentative papers are pointless
- Essay writing assignment is a tedious task
High School Persuasive Essay Topics
- Are smart schools as effective as traditional schools?
- Social media should be banned for children
- What are the reasons behind the disappearance in the Bermuda triangle?
- What caused the destruction of the titanic?
- Why has depression and anxiety increased in youngsters?
- Sex education should be compulsory in schools
- School students should be allowed to take a gap year
- The end of Game of Thrones doesn't fit with the rest of the storyline
- Should the United States impose a ban on smoking?
- Should students learn persuasive writing in school?
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Pros and cons of the smart school education system
- Should you not choose a hobby as a career?
- Reasons to remain honest in every situation of life
- The reasons why our health care system needs to improve
- Students shouldn't listen to music while doing homework
- The most significant personal trait is kindness
- Reasons why professors prefer essay topics on education
- Pets training: reward and punishments
- Mobile usage in class should be banned
- Pollution: the main cause of global warming
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- You should not add your family on Facebook
- If things go wrong, blame your horoscope
- Boys do more gossip than girls
- The world should introduce a breakup insurance policy
- When nothing goes right, go left
- Who came first? The egg or the chicken?
- Get lost is the best advice you can ever give to anyone
- To enjoy life, you should be wild and free and stupid as well
- Life should come with background music and air
- Isn't it great to have a 6-month vacation twice a year?
Argumentative Persuasive Essay Topics
- Ban smoking and alcohol use once and forever!
- Dogs are better pets than cats
- The death penalty should be banned
- Teachers should be replaced by robots
- Poetry and novels affect a person's morals
- Goodness doesn't always overcome evil
- Wealth spoils people
- Education is not a guarantee of a successful and happy life
- Schools should improve their education quality
- Life was way better 100 years ago than it is today
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Poor students should be offered free higher education
- Same-sex couples should not be allowed to adopt a child
- A CCTV camera is an invasion of privacy
- It's time to make education free for everyone
- The consequences of racial discrimination around the world
- Teenagers should do a weekend job
- The moon landing was a big lie!
- Princess Diana's death was a planned murder
- Illegal immigrants should not have an equal right
- Healthy relationships are free of conflicts
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- Athletes who fail drug tests should be lifetime banned from sports
- Colleges should support students to become an athlete
- How to release stress in sports?
- Is chess a game or a sport?
- Bodybuilding has risks for women
- Female trainers should only train females
- Dangers of drinking energy drinks
- Outdoor games are way better than video games
- Horse racing in college should be banned
- Should college athletes receive a salary?
(back to top)
How to Choose a Persuasive Essay Topic?
Choosing a topic is the most important part in order to write a persuasive essay. The reason is that the essay is going to revolve around your topic. When you are choosing a topic, keep the following thing in your mind.
- Choose a topic you fully understand
- Choose something you know a lot about
- something you have an opinion about.
- You have enough facts to prove your point
- Your argument is logical
- An argument you can see both sides of
(back to top)
Tips for Writing a Persuasive Essay
Topic selection is the first step. Once you have chosen the topic, the next step is essay writing. Follow these tips to write a top-notch persuasive essay.
Do Your Research
Conduct extensive research about your topic and collect relevant data. You should have enough information, facts, and logical proofs to support your argument before you start writing.
Conduct enough research so that you fully understand the topic. Lack of understanding of the topic will lead your essay nowhere. And you won't be able to prove your argument.
Before you begin writing, thoroughly research your topic. Study relevant material from different sources and learn about the different sides of your argument. Research makes your essay writing process much easier.
Strong Thesis Statement
A thesis statement is the crux of your whole essay, a summary of your argument and your stance on that argument. It should be strong enough to convince the reader to stay and read the whole essay. Just by reading the thesis statement, your reader should know exactly what argument you will discuss and your stance on that argument.
Consider the Other Side
In a persuasive essay, you have to discuss both sides of an argument. No doubt, you're going to spend most of the time on your side of the argument because that's what you want readers to believe. But that doesn't mean you can ignore the other side of the argument. You have to tell the reader why you think the other side of the argument is weak or uncertain.
With these top persuasive essay topics and writing tips, you will never be stuck without having any idea to discuss. Polish your essay. Write several drafts. A review will help to exclude the cliched language, grammar mistakes, vivid examples, etc.
To ensure that you have written a good quality essay, contact professionals at EssayWritingService.college and send your final draft to them. Or you can hire an essay writing service and ask them to help you write a great essay.
All you have to do is place your order, and you will get a well-written essay in no time!